Meridian Massage Therapy
for Massage Therapists who want to
move beyond muscular therapy.
Meridian Massage Therapy is a diverse collection of massage techniques from both China and Japan that will move stagnant chi and restore abundant energy flow through the Meridian system to:
- Clear physical and emotional tension
- Nourish the internal organs
- Increase Chi, Blood and Lymph flow for greater energy and increased immunity
- Open the "gateways" (joints) for greater flexibility in movement and in life
- Restore balance to the Elements, cultivating physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Video Intro to Body Mechanics and Meridian Massage Techniques (45:09)
- Introduction to Shiatsu Massage
- Diagram Prone Meridians and Potent Points
- Shiatsu Prone Sequence Outline and Video Lesson (40:03)
- Video Recording of Class 1 May 2, 2023 (121:28)
- Diagram Supine Meridians and Potent Points
- Shiatsu Supine Sequence Outline and Video Lesson (36:23)
- Video Recording of Class 2 May 9, 2023 (123:25)
- Video Recording of Class 3 May 16, 2023 (136:52)
About your Instructor,
National Certification Board in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Approved CEU Provider
With a passion for learning, Raizelah was certified in Integrative Massage in 1991, and never stopped taking classes in the healing arts. She later trained and certified in Eastern Massage and Acupressure, Jin Shin Jyutsu, Chinese and Western Herbology, Aroma Acupoint Therapy and Yoga instruction.
Most naturally, Raizelah began to weave together the modalities she studied, in her work, developing a unique style of Integrative Health Care that combines hands-on Meridian Massage and Aroma Acutouch Therapy, and home care regimes of essential oils, herbs and yoga poses to address client complaints. Her hands-on work was informed by her own practices in mindfulness and embodiment, the foundational ground for her work and life.
Early in Raizelah’s career, she discovered her love for teaching. She first started teaching massage in 1998, at Twin Lakes School of the Healing Arts in Santa Cruz, and followed that with 15 years as a core instructor at the Sebastopol Massage School. Concurrently, Raizelah developed and trained massage therapists in continuing education in spa settings. Her integrative approach was also the foundation of a series of wellness workshops she has offered over the past 15 years.
In 2020, Raizelah took a professional leap to fulfill her dream of opening a massage school. Open Pathways Institute for Integrative Massage is the fulfillment of this dream. Her passion is to support Massage Therapists who envision expanding into Integrative Health Care, weavers of hands-on healing with Eastern massage, Acupressure and aromatherapy, all informed by the principles of Chinese Medicine.
Open Pathways Institute for Integrative Healing offers a variety of classes, including:
- Acupressure's Potent Points for Common Complaints
- Meridian and Five Element Acupressure
- Aroma Acutouch Therapy
- Meridian Massage Therapies: T'ui Na and Japanese Shiatsu
- Oncology Massage & Acupressure
- And more!