Acupressure's Potent Points
for Common Complaints
This class is an excellent introduction to Chinese Acupressure. In it, you will learn locations and functions of Acupressure's potent points for your clients' most complaints: shoulder-neck tension, low backache and sciatica, headaches, insomnia, stress or anxiety, fatigue, weak immunity, menstrual cramps and more!
You will learn techniques for point activation that you can easily integrate into your massage practice. Best of all, you will discover the depth and potency of Jin Shin Acupressure, allowing you to do deep work on your clients without needing to use more pressure!
This is a stepping stone into the deeper healing path that Chinese Medicine maps out for us.
- Homework Tracker Form
- Introduction to Acupressure and Chi
- Potent Points for Shoulder-Neck Tension
- Video Recording Class 1 April 19, 2023 (108:31)
- Potent Points for Low Backache
- Video Recording Class 2 April 26, 2023 (129:50)
- Potent Points for Fatigue and Weak Immunity
- Video Recording Class 3 May 3, 2023 (120:33)
- Potent Points for Headaches and Insomnia
- Video Recording Class 4 May 10, 2023 (117:37)
- Potent Points for Depression and Anxiety
- Video Recording for Class 5 (105:18)
- Potent Points for PMS , Hot Flashes and Menstrual Irregularity
- Acupressure Points Contraindicated for Pregnancy
- Video Recording for Class 6 May 24, 2023 (117:33)
- Course Eval
About your Instructor,
National Certification Board in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Approved CEU Provider
With a passion for learning, Raizelah was certified in Integrative Massage in 1991, and never stopped taking classes in the healing arts. She later trained and certified in Eastern Massage and Acupressure, Jin Shin Jyutsu, Chinese and Western Herbology, Aroma Acupoint Therapy and Yoga instruction.
Most naturally, Raizelah began to weave together the modalities she studied, in her work, developing a unique style of Integrative Health Care that combines hands-on Meridian Massage and Aroma Acutouch Therapy, and home care regimes of essential oils, herbs and yoga poses to address client complaints. Her hands-on work was informed by her own practices in mindfulness and embodiment, the foundational ground for her work and life.
Early in Raizelah’s career, she discovered her love for teaching. She first started teaching massage in 1998, at Twin Lakes School of the Healing Arts in Santa Cruz, and followed that with 15 years as a core instructor at the Sebastopol Massage School. Concurrently, Raizelah developed and trained massage therapists in continuing education in spa settings. Her integrative approach was also the foundation of a series of wellness workshops she has offered over the past 15 years.
In 2020, Raizelah took a professional leap to fulfill her dream of opening a massage school. Open Pathways Institute for Integrative Massage is the fulfillment of this dream. Her passion is to support Massage Therapists who envision expanding into Integrative Health Care, weavers of hands-on healing with Eastern massage, Acupressure and aromatherapy, all informed by the principles of Chinese Medicine.
Open Pathways Institute for Integrative Healing offers a variety of classes, including:
- Acupressure's Potent Points for Common Complaints
- Meridian and Five Element Acupressure
- Aroma Acutouch Therapy
- Meridian Massage Therapies: T'ui Na and Japanese Shiatsu
- Oncology Massage & Acupressure
- And more!
Other courses offered at Open Pathways Institute for Integrative Massage:
Your pathway to integrative health care using Chinese Medicine in Massage Therapy